Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reflection of day 3 with Mrs. Gunther

Checking one's homework, Mrs. Gunther looked satisfied, but not completely, some people did finish their homework, and some didn't. The homework packet that we received didn't have clear instructions. Opaque as it was I neither James nor Gene who sat next to me didn't finish all of them. But we moved one without asking things. I believe that, it was just minor stuff that we had to do, to keep our thoughts organized. Subsequently, we had to list some things. This list was things that we kept high priority on. I knew and learned that I had to keep God and Jesus in first, but that wasn't on the list.This took me long enough to end the class by the time I finished it. I got things like making money and getting into good social position as my top lists. Things like making my parents and God happy will only happen, if we are successful in the society. I can't realize how to keep God first and follow the money at the same time. Its like the society is making me follower of money, but in my spiritual life, I know that I shouldn't. Each classes that I take and each day I live, I leave behind more and more questions. I don't know why this world is so inconsistent and contradictory. Society tells you how to do things, but on the other hand you have to listen to your moral and religious being which seems to be miss-matched. Anyway, I should just listen and follow, until I can comprehend the life that I am living. (I feel like I've written abstract and unclear stuff)

1 comment:

  1. These are very valid struggles. I'm impressed that you're learning to deal with them already! Following God is very contradictory to what the world tells us. It is a hard life, but one worth living!

    ReplyDelete